Thursday, June 24, 2010

A new lunch spot

Yesterday I found a new restaurant and I am very excited about going back. The fact that it opens all-day from lunch through dinner rather than stopping lunch service at 2:30pm is a find in my book b/c that means I can come here for a late "linner" sometimes. This place also has outdoors seating where I can chill, enjoy the cool air, and people-watch or read a book. Last but not least, I really dig their food...and it's European (mostly Italian) cuisine, which is one of my favorites.

So I splurged yesterday because I was having linner and I figured I had double the money to spend :-) I ordered a little bit of everything and was pleasantly surprised that I liked everything I got. Here is a breakdown of what I got and how yummy everything was:
  • Mixed Salad: For most meals, I try to meet my vegetable quotient for the day by starting with a salad. Wasn't expecting much since sometimes restaurants tend to not focus on the salad and just give you some unexciting dressing and greens. Though simple, I really liked the flavorful house vinegarette dressing. Olives and gorgonzola cheese also helped to give the salad more umph.
  • Risotto with chicken and spanish chorizo: Generally, I like risotto but it isn't something that jumps out at me when there are other more exciting options. Yesterday, for some reasons, all I could think about was how yummy the texture of the risotto would be and everything else on the menu paled in comparison. Who knew that slightly crispy spanish chorizo (like the kind in a paella) would be so good in a creamy risotto. Hmm...I can still taste the chorizo now :-)
  • Mango Panna Cotta (spelling?): I loveeeee panna cotta ever since my first Vietnamese coffee (similar to a strong milky French latte) panna cotta. This one was soooo good. It's much softer than a creme brulee (also one of my favorites) and it's so creamy...and it was huge...I really did not need a portion that big but unfortunately I think I licked the plate clean.
Obviously, I can't eat here everyday but it's definitely a great find for when I want to treat myself to a nice lunch or dinner. I want to try their paella next!

1 comment:

Mariandy said...

YUM! That sounds so good! :-)